Wednesday, May 31, 2006

tell him about the Twinkie

Something's up today. I don't know what it is. There's some crazy in the air or something. Or maybe it's a river of hate-filled slime flowing under the city of San Francisco. Whatever it is, I saw two different incidents of unwarranted rage on my way to work today.

First off, there's a street that I take to get to work where the lights are all timed. If you drive 35 mph, you get all green lights. Some dump in a sports car didn't quite understand this and decided that he'd jam on the gas pedal every time the light turned green. He spent plenty of time racing to the next red light only to sit there over and over and over again all down the road. Now, that's nothing new. People do this on this street all the time. What was new to me was the jerk in a Chevy Suburban who apparently hated the guy in the sports car.

At the last red light on the street, it was Sport Car in lane 3, me in lane 2, and Suburban in lane 1. As we're sitting there, Suburban rolls down his window and starts to scream "Hey! Hey! What's your problem!?" at the sports car to my other side. Then, in a fit of crazy, Suburban A-hole gets out of his car, walks in front of my car, and stands there right in front of me screaming at the sports car. The guy kinda' looked like a gorilla and I was very aware of being strapped into my car via a seatbelt at that moment. Eventually, Suburban A-hole simply marched back to his car, slammed his door and drove off. Not the most fun I've ever had on that street.

The other incident was right before I got to work. Another guy who looked like a gorilla (or maybe more like George "The Animal" Steele) was roughing up some woman on the street. They both looked like they were homeless and ... let's just say ... chemically altered. I don't know what was going on and I only saw them for a second; but still ...

What's with everyone today? I think I'd better do everyone a service and go check out the Vigo painting just to make sure it's not up to any more of its old tricks.

vigo_painting

3 comments:

EmoRiot said...

You guys have the vigo painting in your building?

Bug said...

Yes we do. And it didn't seem to be doing anything when I checked on it yesterday. So, it must have been something else causing all of the crazy.

seth f said...

The fact that you have the Vigo painting in your office is pretty cool. But Ben, my boy, quoting the Bobby Brown? Genius!