Thursday, June 02, 2005

I'm in the wrong business.

Each and every one of us went to the wrong university. I present to you The Dukes University. What is the Dukes University?

It's a job opportunity, really. An opportunity to get paid $100,000/year to spend your days watching the Dukes of Hazzard. Job requirements include:

- watch The Dukes of Hazzard every weeknight on CMT;
- know the words to The Dukes of Hazzard theme song, "Good Ol' Boys," written and performed on the series by the legendary Waylon Jennings;
- serve as media expert on The Dukes of Hazzard for the CMT Dukes of Hazzard Institute: must be available for TV, radio and newspaper interviews to share passion for The Dukes of Hazzard on CMT;
- write the CMT Dukes of Hazzard Institute online blog for cmt.com;
- be passionate about The Dukes of Hazzard on CMT;
- make appearances at special events such as Dukesfest 2005 in Bristol, Tenn., (June 4-5, 2005).

$100,000/yr!!!

I mean ... honestly!! There's only 85 episodes of the show total! You wouldn't even have to watch them all twice, and you'd make over $1000 with each episode you watched.

Take note, jerks with apparently way too much money, I'm preparing my resume as we speak for Simpsons University, Clarissa Explains It All College, and the Hogan's Heroes Votech Institute.

3 comments:

seth f said...

Clarissa Explains It All? ...sigh.

Bug said...

Yes, Clarissa Explains It All.

For whatever reason, when I was home sick some day in like 10th grade, I ended up watching a marathon of that show. It was terrible at first. Maybe it was my fever, but as the day wore on, it got better.

By the end of the day, I was convinced that she could explain it all.

I don't know why. Anyway, it kinda' then became a guilty pleasure. I haven't watched an episode of it in about 12 years. But don't think I didn't pause when I heard that the first season of it had just come out on DVD.

I know I'm lame. Why must we all focus on that?

EmoRiot said...

We must all focus on what you put in your blog...

If it's lameness... consider it focused.

I'd suggest blogging about super-human strength and dashing good looks.