Monday, February 06, 2006

rooni, i'm comin' home

I'm feeling particularly moody this evening. Not sure why. Well, that's not entirely true. I know a few really good reasons why. Unfortunately, I can't really talk about them. Suffice it to say, everything in my personal life is fine. It's not located there. But, I'm feeling moody about other aspects of my life.

Doesn't help that I've been listening to Ray Lamontagne at work today. There's something about his album that's like sitting in front of a warm fire. It makes you feel fuzzy, deadens you to the world a bit and seeps into your bones.

All day long, all I've wanted to do is blow off work, drive down to Amanda's office, pick her up and going out for a picnic somewhere. Someplace quiet and calm where we can just sit together, enjoy each other's company, and I can feel peaceful.

Maybe part of this funk I'm in is from a week of crappy night's sleep. My cold seems to hit me hardest now in the middle of the night. I wake up repeatedly every night with coughing fits. Niquil doesn't help.

Somehow it's past 6:30 already. Last time I checked, it was about 3. I dunno where the day went. Guess I'll get out of here and head home, spend my evening with Manda like I've wanted to do all day. See if her smile can't shake off this funk I'm in.

It's been known to happen.

No comments: