Tuesday, February 07, 2006

grumpy ain't just a dwarf in the woods

I'm in a pissy mood today. I could tell I was going to be in a crappy mood when I had some serious road rage issues directed towards the world's slowest motorcycle on the way to work today. I mean, seriously though, have you ever - EVER - seen a motorcycle that goes the speed limit? I didn't think it was mechanically possible for a motorcycle to even go 25 mph. And yet, I find the one that can when I'm running late for a department meeting this morning.

Anyway, it's just kinda' all been a slide from there today. Everyone around here is telling me to go to the doctor to have my cold taken a look at. I'm starting to feel like Jim Henson. I keep saying "Phht. Forget it. It's just a cold and I'll be fine." For all I know, I've got Indonesian Bird Ebola and I'll be dead by this time next week.

Last night I had a nightmare that I was surrounded in the woods by a pack of rabid raccoons who were carnivorously tearing apart a family of dear. All the while, they just kept staring at me like I was next. It was unsettling, to say the least.

All of my afternoon meetings were cancelled and rescheduled, which is maybe a good thing since I'm so rosy and social today. I wish the Presidio had a batting cage.

1 comment:

EmoRiot said...

two grumpy posts in a row... me thinks it be time for some r & r.