Monday, February 27, 2006

quawesome.

Sometimes it seems to me that humanity can be defined as "the daily battle to not look like an idiot in front of other human beings, despite your brain's hardwired propensity for doing just that."

Here at work, we just had a beautiful new Foley pit installed in our beautiful new Recording Studio. It's very nice and will be a tremendous boon to us for audio work going forward.

I mentioned this to a colleague today and started to tell him all about it. Apparently, his brain couldn't make up its mind between commenting with "Cool" or "Sweet."

What I got in response was "Quweet."

At that moment, I held a lot of power over this guy. It was obvious that he knew he'd just said "Quweet." And yet, while he wondered if I had caught it, I had the power to either ignore it, smile, or outright mock the birth of "Quweet" into the English language.

I decided to ignore it. But, man oh man. How we ever manage to get anything done when our freakin' brains work against us so much of the time, I'll never know ...

1 comment:

Oberon said...

.......purdy.