Wednesday, April 12, 2006

uno, deux, three

Three random things today:

1.) I'm now convinced that our cat is a master of transcendental meditation. Frequently, either Manda or I will walk towards the cat, slowly reach a hand out towards her face while she stares unblinkingly at us, and then try to pet her. 9 out of 10 times, she jumps like she's startled as soon as we actually have physical contact with her. Her being in a meditative trance is the only way I can explain this.

2.) Food labels like this are dumb.

beefStew

Either that or people are getting way too stupid. If you buy beef stew, you should assume it has chunks of beef.

3.) The older I get, the weirder my typos are getting. I've noticed over the last year that I'm beginning to typo words phonetically. As an example, while writing this post I typoed "physically" as "fisically" and "stew" as "stu." I do this frequently. If I didn't have a spell check, my posts would look something like this:

Tuday I went tu tha mall. It rokd. I rok. Lif is gud. Gud roks.

Or, you know, something like that. The only thing I can say about it is that Ry, you'd better prepare for the onset of this stupid thing. With the fact that you seem to have also developed my late-blooming inability to tell Right from Left, you might want to get used to spellchecking everything. (I just wrote "chek" and "rote.")

I rul.

3 comments:

EmoRiot said...

I once had to return a carne asada sandwich because I didn't realize it had beef in it. Do I fall into your number two dumb people category or can I claim that my 3 years of spanish classes didn't prepare me for the word carne?

Bug said...

A little from Column A and a little from Column B. Those three years of Spanish definitely don't seem to be doing much good, that's for sure.

EmoRiot said...

Si, Senor. Es muy correcto.