Friday, April 28, 2006

or ... you know ... early morning

So, sometimes things get so late that they're early.

Again, take last night for instance.

Turns out the Big Emergency Thing was running behind. As such, the expected delivery time for stuff to us here in the Audio Department kept getting later, and later, and later. Finally, at 8 PM we were told to go home. They'd call us around 11 PM with an important decision: if there was no call, that meant stay home. If there was a call, that meant I had to head into the office around 5 AM to start the work of the Audio Cavalry.

Well, 11 PM came and no call. Midnight came and no call. I went to bed. The thing is, I kept getting freaked out during the night. I woke up at 2 to make sure no one had called my cell (no one had). I then woke up at 4 to check again (still no call).

But at 5:30 on the dot, my cell phone rang. So, the Big Emergency Thing is now done with a whopping 15 minutes to spare and I'm trying to unwind right now from the stress of the morning. I can feel myself coming down from the adrenaline rush of the past few hours. I need to go get some breakfast and ...

I just realized that I forgot to pack my lunch. That sucks. Amanda tried to remind me, too. Shit. Okay, it's off to the Dining Commons for Meal 1.

No comments: