Friday, March 17, 2006

up, up, and away

Things just keep moving up in terms of my career which is a really nice thing. Today I had lunch with the editors of Game Developer Magazine. Really nice people. I had a nice time talking games and the industry with them. I've been writing some guest columns for them recently and they've been well received. The point of our meeting was that they've offered me the position of monthly contributing columnist for the Aural Fixation column. This means that each month I'd be writing new columns on Audio-related goodness and talking to people throughout the industry. I'm pretty psyched. It's not a done deal yet, but things look like they're going in the right direction and I have my fingers crossed.

On my way over to the CMP Media offices, I passed a homeless man stationed at a freeway off-ramp. The sign he was holding was one of the more original I've seen. It read:

BET YOU CAN'T HIT ME WITH A QUARTER

I like that approach. It's a fun challenge for me and fiscally good for him. Good thinking on his part. And yet, I bet a GameBoy game called "Beam the Transient with a Quarter" wouldn't pass Nintendo's submission process. Too bad, really.

This weekend, Amanda and I are heading off on a little weekend vacation. The rain is supposed to be subsiding so we're going to head off south along d'ocean and see some touristy California sites we've never seen before. Should be a really good time. I'm looking forward to it.

I'll give details when I get back. And maybe some pictures, too. Who knows.

No comments: