Thursday, August 09, 2007

"fuck...", a fuck, and fucked

I'm working myself into the ground these days. I'm working on a project right now that is about to wrap up, and to be honest, it's one of the hardest I've had to do professionally. Essentially, there was a situation where I've had to step into a role that I'm not familiar with, do a job that isn't mine, do it flawlessly, and do it within a week because that's all that the project has left. Success doesn't even mean critical acclaim; but rather - most likely - simply avoiding being slammed in the gaming press. It's a crappy position to feel as if I'm in.

On top of that, I feel like a total fuck because I forgot that yesterday was Ben's birthday. I called him and talked to him on the way into work today, but my cellphone kept cutting in and out and I don't think I was all that energetic due to being at work until 1:30 in the morning.

Then, on top of that, I yanked a filling out of my head today while I was flossing. So, now I need to find time to go to the dentist.

I'm having a rough week. There's a definite mantra of "it'll all be over next week" that keeps playing itself over and over in my head. But now I'm worrying that my body's just going to completely fall apart before I can get there.

No comments: