Tuesday, June 05, 2007

mother nature at her best

Well, I suppose that's a pretty subjective comment. Still, as I was driving into work, I got to see another incredibly dramatic display of the beauty that happens when human art and nature do a little dance together.

I was driving by my favorite spot to check out the Golden Gate Bridge and had to pull over again and snap some pictures. As before, the pictures didn't turn out nearly as well as I'd hoped. It was absolutely beautiful.

fog_06032007_01
On a clear day, you can see right across this little span of water to the other shore of Marin County.

fog_06032007_03
Another shot of the same phenomenon. Amazingly, the fog just clung to the to low lying water and ran under the Bridge only coming up to the level of the road. Also, amazingly, all of these photos are untouched color photographs.

fog_06032007_02
Amazingly, that lump of fog on the right side of the frame is actually a little waterfall of fog (fogfall?) spilling over the buildings of the San Francisco Marina District. It was gorgeous.

Anyway, just some beautiful stuff I wanted to share. Way to go, fog.

No comments: