Friday, January 26, 2007

at long last

It's midnight which means that today is my wedding day. Right now, Amanda is at a hotel in Oakland with her maid-of-honor and my sister and they're having some sort of bridal sleep over thing. I hope they're having a great time. : )

In 11 hours, I'll be a married man - and married to an incredibly woman whom I love more than anything. I miss her right now. I wish we could spend tonight together - there's a "young kid at Christmas" level of excited anticipation in me right now and I'd love to just joke and laugh with Amanda about the long road we've taken to get to this day, reminisce about the tastings and fittings and vendor interviews, laugh about all of the millions of little details that only she and I would ever notice if they were right or wrong.

Of all of the to-do lists that we've written, of all the plans that have come and gone, there's only one thing left on my list and that's to write my toast for tomorrow's reception. I'm slacking a bit. Something in me is sorta' intimidated. How do you say thank you to all of your friends and family for traveling 3000 miles just to say "we support you"? How can a corny joke and a glass of cider thank Amanda's family for being so incredibly supportive of us for our entire relationship and for accepting me into their family so graciously?

You know what? I just realized that I've just written my toast. Everything I wanted to say is right here. So, I think I'll print this out and read it tomorrow. Manda, I love you. I can't wait to marry you today. I'm incredibly lucky to have you in my life and I promise to live the rest of life trying to live up to your vision of me. You're the best.

Good night, everyone. See you in about 10 hours. : )

No comments: