Wednesday, June 24, 2009

inconsistency at its finest

I've been terrible at maintaining this thing, and by thing I mean blog, and by blog I mean weblog, and by "I mean weblog" I mean you knew that already. Mainly, though, it's because of one massive reason or the next. There was a time a number of years ago where I had plenty of time for blogging. I also happened to have a fair amount of time for Minesweeper and for learning how to play Spider Solitaire.

Nowadays I barely have time for lunch. Those old days of Minesweeper seem like a laughable distant other life. I've been working a lot lately. WAY too much lately, to be honest - and that's saying something for me. Sitting here two days out from the end of the fifth game I've completed this year already (five games in 6 months is crazy), I'm really starting to feel some fatigue from it. Monday I start two new games. I need to find a way to pace myself amidst the crazy ... pace (ahem) ... of my job.

One of the things that Amanda and I have been doing is setting up a new habit where I come home every Tuesday at 6:30. We've done this two weeks in a row now and I have to say that I love it. I get to leave work while the sun is still up and I get to reliably know that we'll have some quality time together.

I haven't even had time to write about how I finally got rid of my faithful old Camero, The Green Wind. It died two years ago, and like all good Cameros, it then sat dead in my driveway rotting from the outside in. It was retired gracefully and donated to a breast cancer charity for scrap.

I gotta wrap this up and go home. So ... ::BAMF::

No comments: