Thursday, July 19, 2007

in the wake of E3 ...

I finally get a chance to clean up my office today. It's been about a year since I last did this and there are documents, papers, notes, resumes, and CD-Rs everywhere around here.

I'm finding my implementation notes from LEGO II, my lyric writing scribbles from the first Thrillville, and more doodles than I can count. In fact, I'd had me recently wanting to start scanning in some of the better ones and starting a doodle gallery. Maybe I'll get to that.

The other big news is that I woke up this morning to the news that LucasArts had won an award from GameSpy for Best Trailer at E3 for the work we did on the Star Wars: The Force Unleashed trailer.

That was a rough trailer to do. We did so many versions of it trying to craft it just right ... I worked some long nights on that thing. It's nice to see it get some recognition.

My favorite part of GameSpy's write-up was this:

"watch the trailer again and pay attention to how well the sound communicates the action"

Sweet, blissful critical acclaim ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the trailer! I'm going to have to check that game out, for sure.

I imagine it's difficult to express your own sound in a Star Wars game in the wake of John Williams...the trailer music to me seemed to bridge both sides well.