Monday, April 16, 2007

good-bye, public transportation

Hello, new car. Yep. This weekend I managed to drag my sick ass out of the house long enough to go buy a new 2007 Honda Civic LX. I'm thrilled.

And let me tell you, if you ever want to go buy a car, ask Amanda to go with you. She is a master negotiator. She plays hardball, she finagles like a pro, she generally all-around rocks the house when it comes to negotiations. If you were to check Edmonds.com, you'd see that - in the Bay Area - new Civic's are going for about $18,200. Amanda was able to talk the dealership into letting us have it for $16,500 + a 7 year/120,000 mile extended warranty.

I'm telling you, ask for her help. She's incredible. If it had been just me on my own, I'd probably have walked out of there with a used car that I spent $19k on. Don't ask me to go be your negotiatory wingman. You won't like the results.

I pick the car up this evening when I get home from work. I'm totally excited. Now I just have to figure out how I can get rid of the rotting husk of my Camero that is still in the driveway. Turns out the title for it is missing after having moved 5 times in 7 years. Go figure. So, now I have to wait for the DMV to issue me a new title before I can donate it to an animal rescue charity. Nothing moves slower than the speed of bureaucracy.

No comments: