So, this weekend Amanda and I are hunting for apartments in the great wide wilderness known as The Penninsula. Right now, our sights are kinda' set on a town called Foster City. As far as I can tell, here's how it breaks down:
- pretty area
- equidistant from our work places
- close to public transportation
- lots of places allow you to paint your walls
- half-hour or more from either of our work places
- built on landfill (so if there's a big quake, we slide off into The Bay)
Amanda was rad enough to set up appointments with places for this weekend, so now we have an itinerary as opposed to two days of aimless wandering. We've also been checking each of the places we find against their respective reviews on www.apartmentratings.com. The first place we fell in love with turns out to be a 24-hour noise-athon with crappy parking and dickhead management. Go apartmentratings.com. Glad we found out before we rented there.
I'll give a report on the hunting expedition on Monday. Have a good weekend 'til then, guys.